Sunday, July 4, 2010

Politics?

Observing the throng watching President Noynoy Aquino’s speech, I felt the sensation and the optimism in the clamouring hearts of the nation. So to speak, I consider Aquino’s reign and bureaucracy as a potential turning point for our nation. Since this time is of the new appointees, perhaps change that Aquino promised can take place. My parents, as murmured to me, were able to evoke the epoch of the late President Cory Aquino with the yellow crowd and banners.

I heeded a lot of promises from P-noy. Now that I am politically aware, I just can’t stop myself from thinking of the unending possibilities and uncertain events that can occur without the nation’s knowledge. Is he only excellent in the beginning? What will be the situation after 3 years? 6 years? Can he put rapid actions in his words?

In my modest opinion, the undertakings were satisfying. Though I have heard a lot of it from other leaders who declared only what people desire to hear, I am still positioning high with this diminutive hope inside me. The whole Philippines is here to watch his every move. The public will be able to tell apart when his actions are not anymore aligned with his promises.

Noynoy has not proven his aptitude in leading the nation. Within 6 years, I hope he would be able to keep up those assurances. I wish he will not limit himself with what he had sworn in his inauguration speech. I also anticipate his other plans that are not wicked for the betterment of the country.

At the end of the day, people, with the help of God, will have the final say in their lives. One must use the God-given wisdom in deciding for themselves. Since this is a new chapter for all of us, then why not instil for change? The country’s success does not depend on P-noy’s hands alone but also from us and from our Creator who has full control over us.

No comments: